Monday, May 18, 2009

Alaska NCL Sun Cruise Day 1 with January Jones


NCL Sun May 17, 2009

Here I am as we leave Vancouver on board the NCL Sun headed North to Alaska on the inside passage with stops at Ketchikan (Salmon and Totem Pole capitol) and Juneau the capital city of Alaska and on to Skagway where the Goldrush began for most miners as they crossed the Chilkoot Pass.

I did my first destination presentation this 9 am on Alaska history with an overview of our ports of call. I was a little nervous since I spoke with my power point presentation in the Stardust Lounge, the biggest theater on the ship.

Since my presentation was at 9 am, I figured it would be small event but I didn’t anticipate all the travelers from the east coast with the 3 hour time change so we had a great audience and lots of fun. Actually I think cruise ship speaking may be my very favorite new job. It sure is a lot easier and more enjoyable than golfing on television for money.

Tomorrow we dock in Ketchikan and leave port around 1 pm and my next presentation will be at 2 pm about the Goldrush with emphasis on the Women of The Klondike. I have adored doing the research on Alaska and especially on the brilliant and resourceful women who “Mined the Miners.” Fabulous ladies who were real women who defied stereotyping and often earned more than the miners.

Tonight we go to the Captain’s party and Leif is so happy since our Captain is from Norway. So we’ll be doing a lot of our pretend Norwegian with accents and all.

No comments: