Monday, June 2, 2008

John Hodgman BEA Magic Johnson and Tele-Babies





I am finally recovering from BEA. It was so much fun. I got to finally see my preview copy of TSNW and had my first signing session and it was the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

Also, I met John Hodgman from the Daily Show and he is such a character. I gave him one of my RED Smiley/Whiney pins and he wore it proudly. But then he started to whine about really wanting a YELLOW one. 

Poor man, I will have to try to help him get over his whining but it will be difficult considering where he works. The Daily Show is a cesspool of whining and especially John Stewart who was named one of the Top Ten Tele-Babies from the survey that my book is based on.

Tele-Babies are whiners on television who get paid tons of money to what we all do for free. Speaking as an expert Whine-ologist, this Comedy Central crew would be a challenging group even for January Jones, THE WHINE TESTER!

Also, I got to hear Magic Johnson speak on his urban renewal enterprises and what an amazing story. He is such a sweet, sincere man. Actually he was adorable which seems like an odd word to describe a man who is enormous. John was sweet too and even Call Me TED Turner was delightful. I liked him but he's not going to kiss and tell like Barbara Walters even if it would mean selling more books.   

After seeing Sex And The City, I was sort of hoping that Ted would tell some tales too.


No comments: