Friday, May 30, 2008

Barbara Walters Ted Turner Sex and The City at BEA

What a day at BEA. Barbara Walters was there signing books. She is so elegant and so very, very tiny. She looks bigger on television. If I'm ever invited to guest on the View, I'm really going have to lose some weight or else I will look like an elephant next to her.

Then we ran into Ted Turner checking into our hotel. He's a very handsome man and has the neatest briefcase. It was a leather cowboy briefcase with lots of cowhide engravings. It was so unique and rugged looking just like the man himself. I wonder if he and Barbara ever had an affair?  

Then we went to see Sex and The City and it was fabulous. I won't spoil if for you but Sex in the City is as enjoyable to women as Iron Man was to men. It's definitely the ultimate chick flick with just a very few men in the audience. However there was enough sex and nudity to satisfy everyone.  The clothes and shoes were the real stars in my lustful view. The gals are all the same and still adorable but much more electic, exciting and OVER The Top. 

Tomorrow we're off to BEA to have breakfast with Alec Baldwin and Magic Johnson before I do my book signing for Thou Shalt Not...at The Beaufort Book Pavillion. This is the first time I've actually held my book in my hands and it was such a special feeling after so much work and time. I love it. Beaufort has done a wonderful job and I'm really proud of our preview edition. It will be in bookstores September 2008.

It's a pretty special event for any author and especially the ones who are wearing comfortable shoes! Uggs and crocs are more in demand than Carrie's Mandolos. 

Cheers and Chocolates from January Jones


No comments: