Thursday, January 8, 2009

Whine Time with January Jones, The Rainbow Golfer

Well it's Whine Time again with my first e-zine issue of 2009! Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy reading it.

If you do please be sure to go to my website at www.januaryjones.com and sign up with your name and e-mail, then you'll be added to the list and will receive an alomost weekly e-zine.

This way you can read excerpts from my book without having to buy the whole thing.

As you can see from the picture, I am getting ready for the World Series of Golf competition in Las Vegas in May. 2009 We were practicing at the Princeville Course in Hawaii when this rainbow appeared over my head. I'm hoping that this is my lucky rainbow and a really, really good omen.

I'll tell you more about the golf training program that I will be starting with my coach Roger Gunn as soon as I recover from my nose and foot surgeries. Believe me, it's not easy trying to become a reality golf personality and not make a fool of myself!

Welcome to Whine Time:
Thou Shalt Not Whine in 2009!

Happy New Year to You and Yours!

Remember, Thou Shalt Not Whine in 2009!
Before we all look forward to an astonishing, amazing and amusing New Year, I'd like to share with you a really, really fun interview that I did with
Erskine On Radio.
We took a look back with some comments about:
The Top Ten Whines, Whiners, Winners
& Good Sports of 2008!
Erskine is just about one of the best interviewers around and I hope you enjoy listening to his show as much as I enjoyed being his guest.
Just click the link below and enjoy the show:

For your reading pleasure, I have included an excerpt from my book, Thou Shalt Not Whine about
Teenagers and Whining.
Now sit back and enjoy reading :
Chapter Two

Teenagers

From my own experience as a teenager and then raising four, I can honestly say that teenagers and whining go together like curfews and cars. The reality is that before you have babies, nobody ever tells you the truth about teenagers. If anyone did, then it would probably be the end of civilization as we know it.

I’ve noticed that teens are always whining about having nothing to do, yet they are always too busy if you need them to do something for you. Also, they love to whine about ephemeral matters that all parents know are only part of the growing pains that all teenagers go through. But just try explaining this to your growing teenager.

Watching your own children go through the sometimes tragic trials and tribulations of a normal adolescence is like living through a bad case of the flu. It’s horrible, but you have to remember that even though there’s no cure, eventually it will get better and go away. And then they will go away…and find new things to whine about. Therefore, it’s always good to keep in mind that a whining teenager at home is easier to handle and heal than a whining adult child adrift in the world. Now try not to worry. Even if time doesn’t stand still, you still may have time.

"You know your children are becoming teenagers when they stop asking where they came from and start refusing to tell you where they’re going."
January Jones


Top Ten Teenagers’ Whines

#1 TV and Computers
#2 Homework and Grades
#3 Money
#4 Curfew
#5 Driving
#6 Dating
#7 Popularity
#8 Weight
#9 Zits and Blemishes
#10 Peer Pressure

Adolescence:
A stage between infancy and adultery.
Ambrose Bierce




Best Overall Remedy for Whining Teenagers

The Time Out or You’re Grounded Cure

This is a theory as old as the invention of clocks. Most people are familiar with the time-out process, which is traditionally used mostly for young children. Basically, it involves a time of silence and solitary reflection for whining children until they can pull themselves together and re-join their parents or peers.

I personally never used it with my children when they were young. As I’ve already mentioned, my children seldom whined, having been exposed to the Norwegian Ris-pa-rumpin Cure. When they became teenagers, though, I used it constantly, adjusting its title to the “You Are Grounded!” cure. I once grounded my out-all-night daughter for thirty years.
Both she and I can happily report to you that thirty years goes by rather quickly.

Years later, this same daughter uses the time-out cure quite effectively with her twins. The amount of time spent in the time-out starts with an amount of minutes equaling their age on the first infraction, and goes up one minute for every subsequent instance of undue whining. I can’t wait to see how she calculates her grounding schedule once time marches on and they get a little older.

"You don’t have to be a poet to suffer.
Adolescence is enough suffering for anyone."
John Ciardi

Excerpted:
Thou Shalt Not Whine...The Eleventh Commandment
by January Jones
Beaufort Books: 2008






The Whine Tester BLOG:
Happy New Year from The Whine Tester.

Read all about the relatives, trips, upcoming events and some rainbow days!

time_stamp



Coming Soon: 2009!
Interview KCLA Dare to Dream on (ARN)
American Radio Network
with Deborah Dachinger on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 from 8:30-9:00 PM PST
on KCLAFM.com
Remember, Thous Shalt Not Whine in 2009!
{!name}{!name}{!name}
Be sure to send any suggestions or comments you may have to info@januaryjones.com asap!

Now, Stop Whining and Start Smiling
and if that doesn't work then Start Eating Chocolate!!!






No comments: