Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sisters Week and Nationl Girlfriends Day















I received this Sisters Girlfriends Day reminder today from my dear friend of of over 45 years, Jean Green who has always been like a sister to me throughout the years. I didn't have a picture of Jean to post today but here are some of my other sister/girlfriends (old ones) Margaret and Betty at my book signing and (new ones) Lori and Patti from the publishing world.

I couldn't resist adding some of my own thoughts in italics!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
And it won't get any longer
So love the people who treat you right.
Everyday with all your might.
Love the ones who don't just because you can.
Try holding out your hand.Believe everything happens for a reason.
This is a really hard one for all of us control freaks.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If you don't grab it then you'll have to deal with me.
If it changes your life , let it.
And never regret it.
Kiss slowly.
And more often
Forgive quickly.
Forget even quicker!
God never said life would be easy.
And guess what? It isn't!
He just promised it would be worth it.
And guess what? It is!

Today is sister's day , send this to all your sisters ,
mothers , daughters , girlfriends even me if I am like one.

Girlfriend and Sister's Week
I am only as strong as the coffee I drink ,
the hair spray I use and
the friends I have.
To the cool women that have
touched my life. Here's to you!

National Girlfriends Day
What would most of us do without our sisters , confidants and shopping , lunching , and traveling girls?

No comments: