Sunday, September 14, 2008

Children & Whining by January Jones Thou Shalt Not Whine Chapter Two


Introducing the Smiley - Whiney Kids!!

Thou Shalt Not Whine
by January Jones

 Chapter 2
Children and Whining


Kids and whining go together like peanut butter and jelly. I have discovered that most kids can whine about anything, anytime and anywhere, as log as it will embarrass their parents.

Normal children do this all the time because they are experts at never acting normal.

Most kids love to whine about sharing things. Every parent knows the drill. If it's something that's in my hand, then it's mine; if it's broken then it's yours. Then there is my personal favorite between siblings: the classic and mysterious "He's looking at me" whine.

Of course, all experts will tell you that there is only one way to raise children. Unfortunately, so far no one seems to agree what that one way actually is. I have  some ideas, but I won't belabor them here. It's far more fun and profitable to sit back while enjoying the ultimate payback: watching my kids try to raise their own little darlings.

The Top Ten Things That Children Whine about:

1.  Going to Bed
2.  Sharing
3.  Taking Turns
4.  Waking Up for School
5.  Babysitters
6.  Taking a Bath
7.  Homework
8.  Brushing Teeth
9.  Where to Sit in the Car
10. He's Looking at Me 

It's mine....
If it looks exactly like mine.
If it's yours and I steal it.
If I think it's broken.

But...if it's broken, it's yours.

My siblings and probably yours.


No comments: